Fantom 2021 Recap
The Fantom team sends its best wishes for the New Year to the Fantom community! We are humbled and grateful for the support that you have shown: thank you for accompanying us on this incredible journey.
Fantom grew immensely in 2021. Hundreds of thousands of users, hundreds of dApps, and a fast and inexpensive network that offers the best DeFi and NFT user experience.
A huge thank you goes to Multichain (formerly Anyswap) for making it possible to bridge assets to Fantom.
Let’s look at a recap of what happened in Fantom world last year.
Daily transactions on Fantom increased by 18,650%, from an average of 4,000 transactions per day in January 2021 to 750,000 transactions per day in December 2021.
Unique addresses increased by 29,832%, from 5,040 addresses on January 1st 2021 to 1,508,580 addresses on January 1st 2022.
Unique daily addresses increased by 276%, from 16,059 addresses on May 1st 2021 (previous data not available on Nansen) to 60,457 addresses on December 31st 2021.
In December 2021, 341,000 unique addresses interacted with the Fantom network.
Total Value Locked
In 2021, Total Value Locked on Fantom grew to $7 billion.
- Fantom becomes one of the first blockchains to implement on-chain governance, enabling Fantom holders to propose and vote on improvement proposals for the decentralized network.
- The Etherscan team releases the FTMScan blockchain explorer, offering a range of features including top accounts, verified contracts, and statistics, and more.
- In Q1, Fantom ceased operations in Afghanistan due to the local political situation. Fantom is leveraging the experience gained and solutions developed in the country to aggressively pursue opportunities globally. Applications developed in Afghanistan include:
- A scalable blockchain ERP/MIS suite tailored for next-generation energy grid companies.
- Blockchain-based MIS tools for organizations seeking to automate data-audits.
- Applications that leverage DLT to automate document certification and enforce data-transparency for anti-corruption initiatives.
- Solutions for entities seeking to digitize archives and streamline/coordinate information flows across complex organizations.
- An end-to-end solution, backed by immutable blockchain databases, to verify critical consumer-product provenance and authenticity.
- The Fantom team announces support for Ledger Nano hardware wallet on fWallet.
- Renowned trading and investment firm Alameda Research invests $35 Million in the Fantom ecosystem.
- TheGraph launches data indexing and querying on Fantom.
- Leading AMM protocol Curve Finance goes live on Fantom.
- Leading blockchain and crypto investment firm BlockTower Capital acquires a $20 Million stake in the Fantom ecosystem.
- The innovative AMM and DEX SushiSwap launches on Fantom.
- The decentralized money market protocol C.R.E.A.M. brings lending and borrowing to Fantom.
- The Fantom Foundation and Quantum Fintech Group announce a partnership with F1™ driver Pierre Gasly.
- Fantom launches a validator node on BandChain – the decentralized oracle network powered by Band Protocol.
- Fantom showcases CBDC and stablecoin solutions to the Digital Currency Global Initiative/United Nations ITU (International Telecommunication Union) members.
- Covalent and Fantom enter into a technical partnership to integrate the Covalent indexing solution on Fantom.
- The Pakistan Punjab Prisons Department enters blockchain ERP software pilot program with Fantom.
- Fantom successfully rolls out major Go-Opera network update, increasing scalability and further reducing transaction costs across the Fantom network.
- Leading digital assets management firm HyperChain Capital invests $15 Million in the Fantom ecosystem.
- The Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Tajikistan signs an agreement with the Fantom Foundation to use Fantom’s DLT solutions to power its e-government infrastructure.
- Fantom joins the leading Italian racing team Scuderia Alpha Tauri as an Official Team Partner.
- MathWallet announces FTM Opera mainnet support, becoming the first third-party wallet to accept the mainnet FTM token.
- Inter-blockchain liquidity provider RenVM announces Fantom support, enabling holders of leading coins like BTC and LUNA to participate in the Fantom ecosystem without selling assets.
- Fantom issues grants to leading and innovative builders on the growing Fantom ecosystem.
- Fantom releases Transaction Tracing API to support developers with an automated tool to extract information about how an application handles events, like calls to other contracts or retrieval of external data.
- Fantom releases Fantom Safe, a multi-sig web-based smart contract wallet aimed at teams with joint custody of crypto funds or collectibles.
- AG Mentors Group and Fantom partner to bring Fantom solutions to the Uzbekistan Government IT infrastructure.
- The API and node service provider Ankr extends support to Fantom, enabling developers to seamlessly deploy dApps on Fantom without the need for a read-only node.
- Innovative blockchain connectivity provider Quicknode announces Fantom support, offering elastic API services with a range of add-on services to developers launching on the Fantom network.
- Fantom researchers presenting at the Usenix 2021 Annual Technical Conference offer a breakthrough solution for off-chain smart contract execution and testing.
- Band Protocol launches a validator node on the Fantom Opera network.
- Blockchain developer block 42 completes the native integration of high-quality Chainlink price feeds on the Fantom network.
- Fantom announces a 370M FTM incentive program to support DeFi protocols and Blockchain gaming/NFT protocols on the Fantom network.
- The Request Network brings its invoicing and payment solutions to the Fantom network.
- Coinbase adds support for the Fantom Network on the Coinbase Wallet.
- Multichain nodes-as-a-service provider StrongBlock offers full Fantom nodes.
- Blockchain endpoint provider Bware labs extends support for Fantom mainnet and testnet
- Fireblocks, a leading provider of enterprise-grade digital asset management platforms, extends Fantom support to open the Fantom ecosystem to hundreds of financial institutions.
- Fantom releases the zero-fee NFT platform Artion.
- Leading blockchain analytics provider Nansen extends support for Fantom to offer granular insight into new projects and money flows across the Fantom ecosystem.
- Pierre Gasly becomes the first F1™ driver to drop NFTs with an exclusive collection hosted on Artion.
- CryptoRefills, a retailer specializing in mobile top-up and gift cards, adds Fantom support to offer customers a fast and low-fee payment option.
- Idexo integrates Fantom to bring its innovative NFT API and smart contract management solutions to the Fantom ecosystem.
- Fantom establishes itself among the most eco-friendly blockchain protocols in the industry.
- Fantom partners with the international software development firm and consultancy Selise to bring blockchain-based solutions to Bangladesh.
- Blockchain infrastructure provider Chainstack supports Fantom mainnet and testnet to offer developers a range of easy-to-use and high-performance options to launch their dApps.
- Blocknative adds Fantom support for the Blocknative Onboard solution, offering developers a quick and easy way to integrate multi-wallet support into their dApps.
- Open-source oracle provider DIA integrates Fantom Opera mainnet to offer a vast range of data feeds to Fantom ecosystem projects
Recently, we launched our ecosystem spotlight series, featuring weekly interviews with builders on the Fantom network. Read up on just some of the amazing people in the Fantom community:
Thank you again for all the builders and community members for this wonderful year, and onto a spectacular 2022!