Kinds of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold about you may include:
- contact information, such as your email address
- social media (including Telegram) handles and other social media profile information that you make available to us or to the public
- records of our communications with you, including any messages or emails you send us
- device information, server log information, IP address, and location information
- other information that you provide us during the course of business
- other information that is capable of identifying you
you without this information we may not be able to provide you with our products or services (or with all of the features and functionality offered by our products or services) or to respond to queries or requests that you submit to us.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- when you contact us via email or social media (such as Telegram)
- when you submit a query or request to us
- when you respond to a survey that we run, participate in any sale bounty campaign or fill in forms on one of our websites
- by tracking your use of our products and services (including our website)
- from public sources (including social media platforms which have their own separate privacy policies that govern the access and use of personal information held by those sources)
- from third parties who are entitled to disclose that information to us
- when you apply for a job with us
In some cases we may be required by law to collect certain types of personal information about you. Where we collect personal information from you, we will generally do so directly ourselves. However, in some cases we may collect personal information from a third party, such as through your representatives, contractors who provide services to us, or third parties who refer you to us because they think you may be interested in our products or services.
Purposes for which we use personal information
We use personal information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide our products and services (including providing services on the public Ethereum blockchain)
- to answer your queries and requests
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or as otherwise required or authorised by law
- to carry out market analysis and research including through the use of data analytics to improve our products and services
- to monitor use of products and services including use of tokens
- to manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints or issues
- to carry out planning and forecasting activities and other internal business processes
- to keep you informed about our activities, including by sending out communications about our tokens, and the development of the future FANTOM Platform
We may from time to time use your personal information in order to send you marketing materials about products or services that we think you may be interested in (including in some cases products and services that are provided by a third party). You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us using the contact details below or following the “unsubscribe” link in the communication. We may also use and disclose your information for other purposes as authorised by you, or in accordance with your requests or instructions.
People to whom we disclose personal information
We may share personal information about you with:
- your representatives, advisers and others you have authorised to interact with us on your behalf
- our staff who need the information to discharge their duties
- our affiliates and related entities within our corporate group including those located outside the country in which you are located
- our business partners, agents and service providers (including hosting and cloud providers)
- prospective purchasers of all or part of our business or shares in our company or a related entity
- professional advisers who we engage to provide advice on our business
- government authorities who ask us to disclose that information, or to other people as required by law
Our tokens are ERC-20 and BEP-2 compliant tokens It is possible to identify personal information from (and including) wallet addresses and other data available on the Ethereum blockchain and Binance chain as they are, by nature, transparent and public ledgers. Due to the nature of the Ethereum blockchain and Binance chain, we cannot amend or control the disclosure of such personal information.
Disclosure to international recipients
- restricting access to our physical and electronic databases, and physical security such as security procedures for access to our business premises; and
- technological security procedures including password protection, network firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection and site monitoring where practicable to do so.
Your legal rights regarding your personal information
You have a right to:
- access and request a copy of your personal information to check how we are using your personal information
- correct or rectify any personal information that is out-of-date, incorrect, incomplete or misleading
- withdraw any consent previously given by you to the processing of your personal information
- object to the processing of your personal information
- ask us to restrict or suspend the use of your personal information
These requests should be submitted to us in writing using the contact details below. We will action your request within a reasonable time frame and provide one copy of your personal information free of charge. If your request is for additional copies or your request is manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive, we may refuse your request or charge a reasonable fee. If we refuse a request or charge a reasonable fee, we will advise you of the reasons for our refusal or any fees within a reasonable time frame. You have a right to request a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to have that information transmitted or ported to another entity under certain circumstances. There may be cases where we are unable to provide the information you request, such as where it would interfere with the privacy, rights or freedoms of others, or result in a breach of confidentiality or applicable laws. In these cases we will let you know why we cannot comply with your request.
How to erase your personal information
You have a right to request the erasure or destruction of your personal information (“the right to be forgotten”) when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected, it is not being used for the purposes for which it was collected, or you wish to withdraw your consent for certain processing. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we have processed your personal information unlawfully, or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. There may be cases where we are unable to comply with your request such as where we need to continue processing your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws. Such requests should be submitted in writing using the contact details below.
We try to meet the highest standards in order to protect your privacy. However, if you are concerned about the way in which we are managing your personal information or think we may have breached our obligations under the applicable privacy or data protection legislation, or any other relevant obligation, please contact us using the contact details set out below. Complaints must be lodged in writing. In the complaint, please include your contact details (such as email address, name, address and telephone number) and clearly describe the complaint. We will deal with the matter within a reasonable time and will keep you informed of the progress of our investigation. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time or if you feel that your complaint has not been resolved satisfactorily, you can contact us to discuss your concerns. You are also entitled to make a complaint to the relevant privacy or data protection regulator.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time, to take into account changes to our standard practices and procedures or where necessary to comply with new laws and regulations. The latest version of this policy will always be available on our website.
If you need to contact us or want any further information from us on privacy matters, please contact us at email@example.com